A stylish choice for the emerging
Black bodywork, frame and wheels, green hubs and Monster Energy®
graphics can mean only one thing-this is a special Kawasaki motorcycle.
For racers making the leap from the mini ranks, the KX100
Monster Energy is a natural link to the full-size Lites-class
machines. With its larger wheels and tires, the KX100 provides
adolescent racers with an appropriately-sized machine, allowing
them to focus on riding technique and cornering speed, instead
of wrestling with excessive power.
Besides larger wheels than an 85 class machine, the KX100 also
sports a bigger 99cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine. It breathes
through a 28mm carburetor with a carbon-fiber intake reed valve
to aid throttle response and is fitted with the Kawasaki Integrated
Power-valve System (KIPS®) to help produce a broad powerband
with good low-end torque and strong top-end power. The engine
is connected to a smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission, which
gives the KX100 a gear for every situation on the race track.
The engine is bolted into a high-tensile steel perimeter frame
with the specially designed gas tank located inside the frame
to lower the fuel load and center of gravity for improved handling.
Adjustable long-travel suspension at both ends helps to smooth
even the roughest motocross courses.
The 36mm inverted cartridge fork has compression damping adjustment
capability and the UNI-TRAK® rear suspension system comes
equipped with a shock that is fully adjustable for spring preload,
compression and rebound damping. In the braking department, both
front and rear discs are mounted with shoulder bolts for easier
Those who race their KX100 Monster Energy edition at designated
events are eligible to receive support from Team Green,
Kawasaki's amateur racing support program. Each year, Team Green
provides regional support vehicles and highly trained technicians
at more than 100 events, offering technical information and assistance
to those who race Kawasaki products. Kawasaki also offers a comprehensive
contingency program for amateur and professional riders who place
well at designated events.
Monster Energy Edition
- Special Monster Energy graphics package
- Black bodywork, frame and wheels
- Green hubs highlight the special Monster Energy graphics
Liquid-cooled, 99cc, Two-stroke Engine
- Utilizes a separate clutch cover on the right side of the engine
for quick servicing without removing the water pump cover
- Liquid-cooling assures even-running temperatures, consistent
power output and greater reliability
- Bridges between intake and exhaust ports are machine finished
for increased durability
- Rotor comes with rare-earth magnets the unitized piece
is small, light and more efficient with low inertial moment improves
- Connecting rod big-end bearing has more rigid cage for improved
- Intake port shape and cylinder skirt allow cooling air into
the crankcase chamber
- Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical
- Metafoam gaskets for the generator and water pump covers improve
Kawasaki Integrated Power Valve System (KIPS®)
- KIPS system varies exhaust port height for increased horsepower
and torque at all rpm's
- Produces a broad powerband with more low-end torque while retaining
excellent top-end power
- Breather in KIPS cover improves high-rpm and overrun performance
28mm Keihin Carburetor
- Crescent slide carburetor puts the needle closer to the intake
ports for excellent throttle response
- Adjustable for various conditions
- Clutch hub rides on needle bearings for smooth action
- Large clutch plates are 119mm in diameter for durability and
- Clutch-release lever ratio provides light clutch lever action
- Thick clutch basket housing improves durability
- Clutch plate service cover simplifies maintenance and utilizes
a metal-carbon composite gasket
- Fifth and sixth gears on the input shaft ride on bushings for
- Positive shifting action and rugged durability
- Allows the engine's full potential to be realized
- Provides oil level window
- Hard chrome-finished shift forks resist wear and seizure
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
- Wide footpegs for better control, made of cast steel for strength
- Thick footpeg brackets withstand today's rigorous tracks
- Engine and chassis bolts have rust-resistant coating
- Positioned in the frame to lower center of gravity and improve
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
- Swingarm uses large cross-section beams for more rigidity and
- Swingarm incorporates cast-aluminum drive chain adjuster sections
for easy chain adjustments
- Flanged collars at the bearings to protect the seals from mud
- Fully adjustable shock with compression, rebound damping and
spring preload adjustments
36mm Inverted Cartridge Fork
- Aluminum upper tubes are 49.5mm in diameter for excellent control
and steering response
- Compression damping is 18-way adjustable
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- Front brake lever shape offers better feel
- Forged-aluminum rear brake pedal is strong, lightweight and
features two seals at the pivot for smooth operation
Front and Rear Wheels
- Rear hub features two wheel bearings on the drive side of the
hub for durability
- Thick spokes are used in the front and rear for stronger wheels,
requiring less adjustment
- Light weight aluminum rims
- Aggressive Kawasaki Lime Green and Black graphics just like
larger KX models
Engine: Two-stroke single with
Bore x stroke: 52.5 x 45.8mm
Carburetion: Keihin PWK28
Induction: Two-petal reed valve
Compression ratio: 9.6:1 (low speed) 8.8:1 (high speed)
Ignition: Digital CDI
Final drive: Chain
Frame: High-tensile steel perimeter design with subframe member
Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 4.1 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 36mm inverted telescopic cartridge
fork with 18-way compression damping / 10.8 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system
with 4-way compression and 18-way rebound damping plus adjustable
spring preload / 10.8 in.
Front tire: 70/100x19
Rear tire: 90/100x16
Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 75.2 in.
Overall width: 28.9 in.
Overall height: 43.5 in.
Ground clearance: 15.0 in.
Seat height: 34.3 in.
Curb weight: 156.5 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.5 gal.
Wheelbase: 50.8 in.
* Price and specifications subject to change